Mis Insignias Digitales

Mis Redes Sociales

 

Inside America with me

30 sept 2024

 

It’s Saturday and I’m going to visit The Hollywood sign. I feel as a journalist when them has to finish their article.


I will not be the first person to say “we should be the main character of our own movie” but I dare say that we are responsible of the meaning of the each letter that we write on. Big letters could be thought as synonimous of a big dream but we need to know about what material are them made of. I have realised that the size of the papers are different here. Anyway, you can write the same things. There would be many details we could go into.


American University lifestyle contrasts with Spanish one. Here, in UCLA at least, one of the main focus is empowering students to be more better and greater with themselves. For that reason, I guess, everything around The Campus revolve around a self-development throught the education way.


I have realised that when you say to someone that you are studying, people admire you. In Spain, most of cases only to get a job means something to be proud of. People usually feel confident when they finish their degree (not during the process). As a teacher, I think to stay in the campus gives you a apropiate ambience and a vibrant atmosphere. Subjetcts in UCLA are shorter duration (same content in less time). However, the dueline to homeworks are more inmediately and active than in my country. Ocurrs the opposite about personal space between people. In Spain we are closer and it’s not well seen that a professor wears a cap in class.


I really didn’t know the voice who called me to came here but the more discover, the more sure I am about coming here. It’s not only to stay in a place, but  also to let you growth while making mistakes trying new challengues doing by learning from The Golden State.


If I would give some advice to someone to stay here, I would suggest that giving space to our mind while walking around the campus. Just observing, drawing or having a coffee it gives you the opportunity to asimilated the changes. Personally, to adapt to differents schudles it has been my aim these days by focusing on settle the path. If you be aware and take care about your values and self-care needs inside Hollywooland, the experience would probably be more satisfactory. There are many things about American culture that deserve to be known.


In this moment, “I’m walking to the West[1] (again) and my bed points too. I should be on the right track. We can call it Serendipity[2].



[1] (1962) The man who shot Liberty Valance, John Ford.

[2] (2001) Serendipity, Peter Chelsom



Acceda rápidamente a otras entradas sobre UCLA o haga clic aquí para ir a la página principal.


Getting to know Los Angeles

Differents maps
Closeness and distance
Buy space but first coffee. Line starts here
Like a rolling stone

Some extracts from my articles at UCLA

0 comments:

Publicar un comentario

Gracias por enviar tu comentario!!

Comenta, vota y comparte todo lo que quieras :)

Gracias por tu visita!!


Vuelve pronto ^^


contador de visitas