Mis Insignias Digitales

Mis Redes Sociales

 

Like a Rolling Stone

30 sept 2024

            The goodbyes begin. “Last time in this restaurant. Last time that coffee.” In the movies, rain accompanies goodbyes, however this week we had a heat wave. The temperature is really good. The weather is a good companion in new experiences, a great accomplice that embraces the experience.


I have been going out for several nights to walk around the campus as if I wanted to capture all the possible images in my head. I ruled out going to any study room to absorb its essence, nor any hall or corner of a new building to be impressed by. Just walking outdoor on campus. I walked around my memories of six weeks.


At no time did I feel like I was wandering like a homeless person in search of his bench, but I walked in a different way than the first time I arrived. Crossing the Bruin Walk, I felt the rush building up in my feet to not be late. There was no one playing the piano at the door of Bruin Plate nor were there Asians dancing under parking lot number seven. I have realized during the walk that I have kept a memory of each corner..


I have given a meaning for each day here. Also for each color. The flagship blue and yellow no longer belongs solely to the Swedish furniture chain. I kept the green for the grass in the central area of ​​Royce Hall and the stairs. In the housing area, it smells pine. Red for the spiciness of the food and the orange tones of the bricks of the buildings.


While walking, the papers I was carrying in my hand fell several times. It's what happens at goodbyes that things get messy again.


While going through the less traveled places I have been able to see buildings from the inside that during the day the reflection does not allow us to see. The night allows me to discover new spaces that are illuminated, paying attention to the steps I found it, the railings and benches. During the night you can also see some people training. Cultivating their bodies or finishing a goal for the week.


This place never ceases to surprise me at any time of the day while my friends and family wake up in another part of the world.  Without a doubt this is an inspiring and powerful place. I didn't enter to the Botanical building  but I had more than one conversation with the figures at Sculpture Garden.


On this type of trip abroad, I wonder if it is worth having put the tick on the Bucket list. Totally yes, UCLA was the main one. Everything else has been a gift full of contrasts in the San Francisco Bay, Las Vegas and of course Los Angeles.


The city where the lights of Hollywood are tinged with the shadow of  Downtown’s sorroundings, but where one can always catch a breath at Venice Beach and see the sunset in Santa Monica Pier. Unquestionably, it is worth traveling to visit the most iconic places in Golden State.


This inmersive and self-development experience has not been about making friends, but about realizing the different paths of life that coexist in the world, the different types of people that exist while you live with them and realizing that all of them are valid. Within them and within the group we are one more, nothing else.


Summer Sessions is about widen horizons in addition to overcoming academic challenges. It is an international coexistence in which the first foreigner are you. It doesn't matter who discovered America, what matters is how America wakes up today.


I have been able to hear my voice at many times at this GPS point. UCLA has been the best birhday present I could have given myself ever. Maybe there is a part of me that never fully says goodbye to this desk because at night not only dreams talk but they are also written. Zzz…


The end.

Carmen De la Rubia :) 


Acceda rápidamente a otras entradas sobre UCLA o haga clic aquí para ir a la página principal.

Differents maps
Closeness and distance
Buy space but first coffee. Line starts here
Inside America with me

Some extracts from my articles at UCLA

0 comments:

Publicar un comentario

Gracias por enviar tu comentario!!

Comenta, vota y comparte todo lo que quieras :)

Gracias por tu visita!!


Vuelve pronto ^^


contador de visitas